Ask An Agent #1: Do I Need Sewer Backup Insurance?
In our very first episode of “Ask An Agent”, Jim Schubert answers the question, “Do I need sewer backup insurance?”. Here are some of the finer points to his answer.
CAUSES OF SEWER BACKUP
- Tree roots blocking your sewer pipes.
- Improper disposal of paper products and grease.
- Kids flushing toys down the toilet.
WATER DAMAGE STATISTICS
- Average cost of a water loss claim on a homeowners insurance policy is $8,000.
- 35% of all homeowners insurance claims are caused by water damage like sewer backup.
WHAT DOES SEWER BACKUP INSURANCE COVER?
- Cleanup of walls, rugs and furniture.
- Plumbing repair.
- Reimbursement for hotel and living expenses.
HOW MUCH DOES SEWER BACKUP INSURANCE COST?
- An average of only $40-$50 per year.
- An average of only $3-$4 per month.
Get A Quote On Sewer Backup Insurance Coverage
Call us at 888-800-4824 to speak with an insurance agent.
Get a quote now: