When starting any new business there is always a laundry list of things you have to consider when determining the right kind of insurance coverage. Gas station and convenience store insurance will encompass a very wide range of hazards. But where do you start? The following list includes questions you’ll want to ask yourself and be able to answer when shopping for the best business insurance for your company. In addition, many insurers will need to know this information just to be able to provide you with the right policies for your business.
- What are the hours of operation?
- Is food prepared on the premises?
- What is the number of employees on the premise at any given time?
- How many employees do you have in total?
- Do you have security cameras and alarms to prevent crime?
- How is the premises secured when the business is closed?
- Is gas sold?
- Is there an on-sight car wash?
- Are tobacco products sold?
- Are lotto tickets sold?
- Is alcohol sold on the premises?
- Is on-premise consumption of alcohol permitted?
- Do you sell or refill propane tanks?
- How old are your underground storage tanks?
- Do you have leak prevention methods and procedures in place?
- Is there a safe?
- At any given time, how much cash do you keep in the safe?
While this list covers most areas of risk and hazard, basic gas station and convenience store insurance may not always encompass everything your business will need coverage for. By collecting this information, you will have a solid basis to begin to understand where your company needs coverage most. Your independent insurance agent will be able to give you a complete analysis of your business.
If you’re just starting out or you would like more information, let us give you a free quote.Get A Quote