All beauty shops are different, much like a cowlick. Our independent insurance agency works to pair you with the best insurance for your salon’s needs.Free Quote
We can insure almost every hair salon business.
Your salon may offer service on a walk-in basis, by appointment only or both. You may offer massages, nail care, tanning beds, cosmetic consulting or other additional services to your customers. Hairstylists may be insured as individual contractors or deemed as employees and we will still insure your hair salon.
The factors above will effect your insurance coverage needs and we will pair you with an insurance agent to help address your unique risk exposures.
What Insurance Do You Recommend For My Hair Salon?
Each salon insurance quote is going to be based on the coverages aligned with the business’s needs. We would recommend most hair salon insurance coverage need to consider the following, or at least have a conversation about the following with an insurance agent:
- Business Personal Property coverage
- Business Income with Extra Expense
- Valuable Papers
- Employee Dishonesty
- General Liability
- Employee Benefits Liability
- Professional Liability
- Umbrella Liability
- Hired and Non-ownership Auto Liability
- Workers Compensation
- Errors and Omissions
Southern States Insurance will tailor a policy to fit your unique needs.
Beauticians Errors and Omissions Insurance Is Important!
As a hairstylist what do you plan to do if you suddenly face a lawsuit?
Beauticians face charges of legal suits due to loss of income, loss of happiness, and loss of financial opportunity when people blame their haircut as being a negative deciding factor in their life somehow.
The protection you need as a hairstylist is beauticians errors and omissions which provides coverage in the event of a lawsuit and pays the legal fees you would face on your own.
Don’t Go Without This Protection
A simple mistake could easily occur to the next customer to walk in the door, they may have the most important day of their life planned for tomorrow.
A lawsuit can be crippling and cost an incredible amount of money (Multiple thousands of dollars and days of work). With out this common protection the court fees will be on you and your reputation and business could feel the effects.
Our Insurance Company believes this coverage is important to you for your success as a beautician.
How To Cut The Costs Of Your Hair Salon Insurance!
- Housekeeping! – The simplest practice to put in place is typically already a habit for pure cosmetics and hygienic purposes – sweeping the floor following a haircut. Hair trimmings are highly flammable and most importantly can cause falls!
Maintaining good house keeping is a practice customers will appreciate and you will be paying out less slip and fall injuries.
- Awareness! – The biggest exposure hair salons face is the public coming on and off the premises all hours of the day. Consider the amount of foot traffic and the wear and tear salons experience. Observe your floors for carpet frays, worn spots, cracks, holes, and anything else that could be a hazard to the public.
Trip and fall claims are the main concern for salons. To prevent this, always look down, and also look up – Check to be sure the exits and paths are well lit.
- Maintenance! – Machinery used is used often and common claims are fire loss from poor wiring, overheating, and poor maintenance. Occasionally updating machinery is much less of an expense than the damages you face from a fire or injury resulting from faulty machinery. Especially when you consider how much you potentially save but not paying an increased property exposure premium.
- Safety! – Parking lot areas are often deemed the responsibility of the owner and operator of the premises. If you can make minor additions to the parking lot to make it safer or help your customers stay safe, they will be efforts you are thankful you made. Protect your customers, protects yourself.
All Beauty Shops Are Different – Much Like A Cowlick
Every beauty shop offers a unique line of services the always include the common cutting, styling, trimming, coloring, and application of a permanent wave to hair. The additional service can range from massages, nail care, tanning beds, cosmetic consulting, electrolysis, or a shave. Depending on the beauty salons target market and each stores desires the range of services can create new exposures.
With each service offered comes risk exposure to consider. Most are minimal, but there maybe other tips and advice we have to beauty shops who offer extensive services. Our money saving tips were to the common services in order to benefit the majority.
Our Insurance company builds relationships with our customers to best understand their risks and insurance needs.
If their are ways to save – we will find them.
The price you pay you can be confident is the cheapest price available because we have shopped your coverage with numerous insurance carriers.
With Southern States Insurance you get more than an insurance quote you get an insurance agent who works to see you succeed.
Why Choose Us?
- Quotes from numerous insurance carriers
- Personal agent relationship
- Available resources to minimize risks and cut costs
- Invested in your success
- In your communitty
Shocking, I know, but sometimes people just want to fire their insurance agent. It’s a sad realization that good insurance has become a rarity.
When an insurance policy holder wants to change insurance agents but keep the same carrier, they must provide the new agent with an Agent of Record letter. This grants the new agent legal authority to represent the policy holder with the same insurance carrier.
Most insurance carriers are legally bound not discuss a policy holder’s account with an insurance agent unless they are the agent of record. An Agent of Record letter gives the new agent rights to receive all communications on behalf of the policy holder.
Many people when shopping for the best insurance only use price as a factor of their decision. This is a very dangerous gauge of value.
Our Georgia insurance company believes you take many factors into consideration in attempt to find the best fit for you. Consider the following when shopping for insurance:
- Is the agent trustworthy?
- Is the agency personable?
- What level of care should you expect?
- What resources are available to you?
- What does the claims process look like?
Ask your prospective insurance agent these questions and learn what is the option fit for you.
From our insurance agent’s experience relationships make all the difference. Be sure you consider your relationship when choosing an insurance agent.
With anything, we feel most confident on our decision when we are most educated. Our agents want to help you understand your insurance needs and coverage options. You can shop your insurance on your own to learn what options exist or you can ask one of our agents to shop over 30 insurance carriers and return to you the results.
You have to know and understand what you are comparing to be confident in the product you are buying. We aren’t able to write insurance with EVERY carrier available to you and we recommend you compare our offer to carriers we don’t write with. We will do everything possible to provide you with the best insurance available, and if you aren’t satisfied you can explore the options for yourself and put us to the test.
When you buy insurance coverage through Southern States Insurance, you can be confident you are buying a good product.
Latest From The Blog
Our insurance agency shares 4 ways you can save on your hair salon insurance and reduce losses!
To insure your hair salon business for the best price and cover all the risks you face the conversation will likely start or potentially end sounding like this:
Here is our advice to you if you are currently insured, looking for insurance, or just simply learning about hair salon insurance coverage.