Most often your insurance agent will need to package a tailored policy to meet your restaurant insurance needs. The package should protect you and your restaurant business from trips and falls, alleged illness from food, as well as repairs and malfunctions that can put a strain on your cash flow.

Insurance for a restaurant should include the following, tailored to your needs:

 General Liability Insurance

General Liability Insurance protects against trips and falls and customer injuries. It should protect you by defending you in case of a lawsuit.

Property Insurance

Property Insurance covers physical damage to your building as well as covers your improvements and your contents.

Automobile Liability Insurance

Even if your restaurant does not have any vehicles in the business name, auto liability insurance may be needed. Automobile liability insurance coverage will protect you if an employee is running an errand for the restaurant and something is to happen.

Workers Compensation Coverage

Workers compensation will protect you when one of your employees is injured on the job. It is usually required by the state depending on the number of employees.

Life Insurance

A life insurance policy, as the restaurant business owner, guarantees your family and successors will have the extra cash flow to be able to hire someone to take care of the extra work or management duties if necessary.

In Conclusion:

This is a brief overview of the basic restaurant business insurance coverage suggestions. Within each policy type there are numerous options available.

Selecting the appropriate coverage to protect your investment in your commercial property can be a confusing process. It is more that selecting an accurate coverage limit. There are different coverage forms, potential hazards to consider, property not normally included and numerous other options.

Restaurant insurance costs can range according to your particular needs. We will find the best insurance coverage for you.

Southern States Insurance represents several commercial property insurance carriers so we can tailor a product specific to your needs.

**For more information about commercial property insurance coverage contact Terri Krider at or call at 850-837-3629