At Southern States Insurance, we recognize that privacy is important. This policy applies to all the services we offer, as well as those offered by our subsidiaries or affiliated companies, if any.
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us through our website, www.southernstatesinsurance.com
Information We Collect and How We Use It
In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide - When you engage us to provide insurance services, we will ask you for personal information (such as your name and email address). If you decide to request an insurance quote through Southern States Insurance, we will also request certain personal information (such as your Social Security number or birth date and account information), which we maintain in encrypted form on secure servers. We may combine the information submitted under various forms and services in order to provide customers with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we may give customers the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
- Customer Communications — When you send email or other communication to us, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests, and improve our services.
- Providing our insurance services to users
- Auditing, research, and analysis in order to maintain, protect, and improve our services
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network
- Developing new services
Choices for Personal Information
When you sign up for a particular service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
If we propose to use personal information for any purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, you may “opt-out”—or say no to—having your information shared by calling 888-971-6304 or contacting us through our contact page. We will not collect or use sensitive information for purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, unless we have obtained your prior consent.
If you do choose to decline to submit personal information to any of our services, there may be some instances in which we may not be able to provide those services to you.
Southern States Insurance only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside Southern States Insurance in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We have a Good Faith Belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property, or safety of Southern States Insurance, its users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share with third parties certain pieces of non-personal information, such as the number of users who searched for a particular term, for example. Such information does not identify you.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage, and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to our employees, contractors, and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop, or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution if they fail to meet these obligations.
We process personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this Policy or any applicable service-specific privacy notice. We review our data collection, storage, and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store, and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our services. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.
Our Intellectual Property is for Your Non-commercial Use
Our intellectual property is provided for your information, so we want you to feel free to access our website, download, save, and/or print any information you need. However, just as you protect your property from theft and inappropriate use, we need to protect our intellectual property from similar harm. All the materials on this website, including the organization and layout of this website and all graphics and logos, are owned and copyrighted by Southern States Insurance. You may access, download, and print materials from this website for your personal noncommercial use, but understand that by doing so you do not obtain any rights, interest, or title to the materials you read, print, or download. You cannot copy, modify, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, link to, or frame in another website or use on any other website, or transfer or sell any information obtained from this website without written permission from Southern States Insurance. Note that all information on our website is designed and intended for “human consumption” and not machine interpretation. Accordingly, data extraction techniques such as web or screen scraping are strictly prohibited.
No Unlawful or Prohibited Use
By using this website, you warrant to Southern States Insurance that you will not use this website or any of its contents for any unlawful use, or any use that is otherwise prohibited pursuant to these terms. Any violation of this provision will result in prompt revocation of our permission granted to you to use this website.
Links to Third-Party Sites
Testimonials on this website are a representation of “typical” customer experiences. Individual experiences, satisfaction, and cost savings often differ from our typical customer. Customer names and towns may have been changed to honor their privacy.
We reserve the right to change these terms at any time, without notice to you. All changes are effective immediately upon being posted on this website, and you are deemed to have accepted such changes by virtue of your use of this website. Therefore, we advise you to review these terms on each occasion you access our website.
All information, services, products, or other material on this website are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind. In no event shall Southern States Insurance, its affiliates, suppliers, and/or its agents be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages arising out of or in any way connected with the use of this website or with the delay or inability to use this website, or for any information, products, materials, and/or services obtained through this website, or otherwise arising out of the use of this website, whether based on contract, tort, strict liability, or otherwise, even if Southern States Insurance, its affiliates, suppliers, or any of its agents has been advised of the possibility of damages. Because some states/jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, the above limitation may not apply to you.